A week or weekend of fun ending in a shared performance and panel feedback
Course Overview: Led by industry professionals, this demanding course is ideal for those looking to apply for drama school or university and performers looking to improve their audition technique. It will give participants the chance to hone their audition skills, gain confidence and audition to a panel of industry practitioners who will give personal feedback. Participants will concentrate on the exploration of selected texts, both classical and contemporary, and examining the clues for performance that these texts offer. Textual exploration is supported by voice, improvisation, and movement work, helping to sharpen and refine acting skills. Participants are expected to have prepared two pieces (one contemporary, one classical) before joining the course and will need to have experience of drama and be highly motivated.
Course Detail: This course takes place over one week or one weekend. Please note places are given on a first come first served basis, we therefore advise applying early to avoid disappointment. Minimum age is 16/17.
* Arrive with your audition speech and leave with a performance.
* Begin to understand your USP and which speeches are suitable for you.
* Expand your range of speeches.
* Understand how to present yourself in an audition situation.
* Take part in a Q&A with professionals to gain insight into the industry.
* Experience a mock audition hosted by a panel of professionals who will provide feedback on your speech and technique.
Week Timetable - This is condensed on a weekend: Improvisation Workshop & Audition Workshop. Voice Workshop & Audition Workshop. Approaches to Contemporary Text. Approaches to Shakespeare. Monologue Show & Audition Panel. Working day is from 10.00 – 17.00 each day.